Are you picturing your perfect car hire deals?
Imagine you and your family spending less to visit your perfect destination. Picture lying on the beach or seeing the sites with more money in your pocket, Avis consistently works to create you better deals on car hire because every little helps.
Why not take a look at our best offers for Malta car hire deals, European car hire deals and Worldwide car hire deals. And remember to visit often, we have new offers for you coming out every week for you to book car hire!
Find out more about car hire for your holiday.
Hints & Tips to save money!
At Avis Malta we understand that holiday budgets may be a bit stretched especially when travelling with the family but that doesn't mean you have to give up on your well-deserved summer break.
So we've put together some tips to help you save money on your car hire and make your holiday a more enjoyable, less stressful experience.
And if an overseas holiday might seem a bit out of reach this year, why not consider that the Maltese islands have a very reasonable cost of living when compared to other European destinations as well as being served by several airlines, including low cost airlines like Ryanair and easyJet.
Malta and Gozo are considered amongst the safest holiday destinations in the Mediterranean and beyond so why not take advantage of these facts and discover the rainbow of colours that is our history, and culture?
Top car hire tips to make the most of your money
- Book in advance, Think Ahead - Booking in advance means you have more choice of more models and can select the perfect vehicle for your needs.
- Size Matters - Avoid wasting money on fuel by ensuring your hire car isn’t larger than you need.
- Choose pay now option, Pre-Pay Online - Save on your car rental when you pay in advance rather than on return of the car. Last year Avis customers saved up to 39% by selecting the Pay Now option.
- Share your car, Come Together - If you are holidaying with friends and family why not hire one large rental car rather than taking separate vehicles.
- Plan Your Journey - Avoid fuel wastage by planning your route in advance.
- Drive Smoothly - Avoid accelerating too hard; pulling away too fast can use up to 60% more fuel than accelerating smoothly.
- Change Gear Efficiently - Changing gear at 1,500 - 2,500 RPM can save up to 15% on fuel and reduce emissions by the same amount.
- Limit Your Speed - Reducing your speed lowers emissions and optimises fuel consumption.
- Fuel up front, Return It Empty - Fuel Up Front lets you pre-pay for a full tank and return your car empty, taking away the hassle of finding a petrol-station to fill up before your return your rental car.
- Choose the right cover for peace of mind - Invest in the best possible cover to prevent higher costs if an accident occurs.
- Keep Your Cool - Using air vents rather than opening windows can reduce fuel usage by up to 4%.
- Sizzling Summer Bargains - Be aware of sales or offers. This will save you money on your car hire.